For the purposes of enhancing a security of internet services and a security requirement of the trading platform, we have launched a new CHIEF Web Authentication* (CAS). Customers can enjoy a secure, reliable and convenient online trading experience. After registration, customers can use either a fingerprint sensor function or an one-time authentication code for login online trading platform.
Features of CHIEF Web Authentication (CAS):
- Authentication with fingerprint is more convenient than using password, it's more secure also.
- Customers can reduce the risk of unauthorized transactions with a “Passcode On”.
|View the tutorial|
Select your language and read the disclaimer, then view the tutorial about how it works.
Register by Account Number, ID and Mobile /Email, then tap “Confirm”.
* Please sign up with enrolled CHIEF Account
Enter the one-time passcode we sent to you by SMS or email. You can choose to enable TouchID for authentication, then tap “Continue” to complete the process.
After the registration is completed, a confirmation letter will be sent to you by SMS and Email.
You can change the authentication method anytime.
- Each iPhone/ iPad is able to register for one single account, and each account can be registered to one single iPhone/ iPad. If you own more than one iPhone/ iPad, please cancel the registration from the registered iPhone/ iPad before you register the other one.
- Any fingerprint stored on your iPhone/ iPad can be used for authentication. For security reasons, we recommend that you do not register third party fingerprints in your iPhone/ iPad. Please ensure that you cancel the registration from the iPhone/ iPad before selling, exchanging, or disposing of them.
- CHIEF Web Authentication currently supports Apple mobile devices with iOS 9.0 or above
- If your registered iPhone/ iPad is lost or stolen, please contact our customer support hotline at (852) 2500 9199 to cancel your registration from CHIEF Web Authentication.
- Please do not install or launch CHIEF Web Authentication App in a smartphone or other device with any pirated, hacked, fake or unauthorized application or where the software lockdown has been overridden (such as a “jailbroken” or “rooted” smartphone or device).